1. Build Quality Content first and formost.
3. Yahoo does particularily like rss feeds from sites, so if you can include an rss feed for your site which you can update.
4. If you like to build links, then build backlinks just as you would normally, in a sensible manner.
5. Submit some QUALITY articles to article directories. Check out this DP post Free Marketing Resources
6. Keep updating your content.
7. Repeat steps 1-7
And that will give you the rankings you are looking for.
SE's are really not that complicated when you break it down into smaller steps and follow common sense guidlines. Sure none of the above is filler or crap. But it works
I learn Google amazing. I have seen web pages that have a few images and three phrases get better positions than web pages that have a lot of articles with a lot of key phrases. Their positions are very mad. They keep trying to modify them too.